Gifts of the Glaciers:
Use the “Gifts of the Glaciers” website to answer these questions.
1. Names the five Great Lakes.
2. How were the Great Lakes formed?
3. What is meant by the nation’s fourth seacoast?
4. What makes up the greatest freshwater system on Earth?
5. When were the Great Lakes formed?
6. Why do the Great Lakes have a “stair-step” formation?
7. If all the water in the Great Lakes was spread across the 48 continental states, how deep would it be?
8. Why are winter storms on the Great Lakes more dangerous than similar storms out on the ocean?
9. Can the Great Lakes be seen from space?