Ocean Floor Practice Test:
Write the names of the features in this map:
2. The part of the ocean floor that is closest to the continent is called the continental margin. Which part of the continental margin is the steepest?
3. Sonar sends out sound waves to bounce off the ocean floor. Which ocean feature would it take these sound waves the longest time to return from?
4. What ocean feature is the deepest?
5. Which ocean is found on the coast of Georgia and Florida?
6. Where is the ocean getting wider?
7. Describe a seamount.
8. What is the flattest place on Earth?
9. What is a guyot and what letter is it?
10. Why do you think an abyssal plain is so flat?
11. What is the longest chain of mountains on Earth?