Hydro 2, 1st notes cloze: _______________
1._______________-the ocean itself, the hole that is filled with saltwater.
2._______________-the edge of the continent where it enters the ocean, is part of the _______________ and is shallow water.
3. continental_______________-drops down much_______________ into the ocean, can be as deep as 2,000 meters.
4. _______________ plain-the flat ocean floor!, the_______________ place on Earth.
5. _______________-an extinct volcano found on the ocean_______________.
6._______________-seamount or volcano that reaches_______________ the surface of the ocean.
7. _______________-a flat-topped seamount _______________ by wave action
8. _______________ ridge-undersea mountain range, the _______________mountain range on Earth!
9._______________-deep valley in the mid-ocean ridge formed where the sea floor is being _______________ apart by plate tectonics, caused by divergent boundaries.
10. deep-sea trench-very steep sided cut (valley) in the ocean floor, _______________ part of the ocean, can be more than 11,000 meters, caused by _______________ boundaries.
11. Mariana Trench-deepest part of the ocean, over_______________ deep. Water pressure is over 8 tons per square inch!!!