Lesson 18-2, Cloze part 2. Page 280-284 in red science workbook.
FACTOID: density is the amount of something in an object. Ex. a rock is more dense than a marshmallow. Dirt is denser than water.
18. ___________________ is a vertical circulation in the ocean tha tbrings deep, cold water to the ocean surface.
19. A _______________ _______________ forms when a mass of seawater becomesmore dense that the surrounding water.
20. Changes in __________________ and ___________________ work together to create density currents.
21. There are two important density currents. One begins in_________________________ and the other begins in the _____________ ________________ _____________________.
22. The Mediterranean Sea also has a _________________ _________________.
23. Which step in the water cycle is responsible for a density current in the Mediterranean Sea?
Look at the map on the back of this page. Remember the video you watched earlier about the currents. I want you to draw 2 gyres in the Pacific Ocean and 2 gyres in the Atlantic Ocean. Be sure to label where cold water and warm water currents are found in your gyres. Ask the substitute teacher to replay the currents video.