Brainpop Currents Quiz:
1. What is a gyre and where can we find one?
2. Surface currents are mainly caused by prevailing winds. What are prevailing winds?
3. What effect does the Earth’s rotation have on surface currents?
4. What is one effect of the Gulf Stream?
5. Hawaii’s climate is affected by what?
6. What can you conclude about the water on the ocean’s surface compared to the water hundreds of meters below the surface?
7. Describe the speed of the Global Conveyor Belt.
8. In the movie, Tim and Moby’s raft is being moved by what?
9. How does warm water on the surface of the ocean become colder?
10. What is the relationship between the Gulf Stream and the global conveyor belt?