1. What is a body fossil?
2. What is a trace fossil?
3. Why are deserts, tar pits, and ice good places to find body fossils?
4. In order to form a fossil, an organism must usually _____________________ quickly after it dies.
5. Why do you think most fossils involve shells, skeletons, and teeth?
6. Although a cast fossil looks like an original bone or shell, how is it different?
7. A mold fossil is most similar to which of these?
a. An eggshell with no egg inside: b. a replica of your teeth at the dentist’s office:
C. A bone buried by your dog: d. an insect trapped in amber
8. What can you infer from the fact that fossil fuels are carbon-based?
9. What two forces can turn fossils into fossil fuels?
10. What is a carbon film?