1. What are the tides?
2. What causes the tides?
3. Explain why some parts of the world have high tides while other parts are having low tides.
4. What ocean floor feature affects the width of the intertidal zones?
5. What are neap tides and what are spring tides?
6. Name the phases of the Moon that will cause Spring tides and Neap tides.
7. What do we call the part of the beach that is underwater during high tide, but is exposed during low tide?
8. What do we call the difference in water depth between high and low tides?
9. Draw or make a model of the Sun, Earth, and Moon during a Spring Tide and a Neap Tide.
10. What is the connection between the phases of the Moon and the size of the tides?