Brainpop: Water Cycle Quiz
1. The sum total of all water on Earth and in its atmosphere is called the:
2. Oceans, the atmosphere, and groundwater are all ________ in the water cycle.
3. Water perpetually cycles from the Earth to the atmosphere and back. In the previous sentence, what does "perpetually" mean?
4. What effect does the sun have on surface water?
5. What is it called when rainwater contributes to the flow of rivers and streams?
6. Explain how precipitation happens.
7. Explain condensation.
8. What can you infer from the fact that there is the same amount of water on the planet now as there was one billion years ago?
9. Which reservoir in the water cycle contains the most water?
10. How long do molecules of groundwater stay in the ground?