Brainpop Tides Quiz:
1. The regular rise and fall of the ocean’s water level is what?
2. What do you know about gravity?
3. If the Sun is so much bigger than the Moon, why does the Moon control the tides instead of the Sun?
4. Where do the high tides happen?
5. If the Earth’s rotational speed doubled, how would this affect the tides?
6. At the beach, a high tide happens at 8:00 am, when will the next high tide happen? How do you know?
7. Name a benefit of using tidal power for electricity.
8. What will you observe as the tide goes out during a low tide?
9. What might happen if the Moon were only half as large?
10. What parts of the Earth do the Moon’s gravity affect?