22. waves-the regular up and down movement of water
23. crest is the highest point of a wave
24. trough is the lowest point of a wave
25. wavelength is the distance from one crest to the next.
26. Wave height is the distance from the trough of a wave to the crest.
27. Large waves can damage ships and coastal property.
28. wind causes waves.
29. When wind speed is great enough,water piles up forming a wave. As the wind continues to blow, the wave grows in height.
30. Wave height depends on the speed of the wind, the distance over which the wind blows, and the length of time the wind blows.
31. energy travels in the direction of the wave.
32. water particles do not move with the wave, they move in circles equal to the height of the wave, then energy moves forward, not the water unless the wave is breaking!
33.Tsunami-wave caused by the energy of an undersea earthquake.
34. Breaker is a collapsing wave . After a wave crashes onto the shore, gravity pulls the water back to sea.