Water Cycle IAN 2
8. Energy- is either added to or taken away during each step to cause the changes!
9. evaporation- water absorbs enough heat to change into a gas called water vapor. Water vapor is INVISIBLE!!! Molecules gain energy, energy is added.
10. We CANNOT see water vapor!
11. salt- stays behind in the ocean and ONLY the water evaporates. Oceans provide most of the water vapor in the atmosphere.
12. transpiration- plants losing water vapor to the air through leaves (plant sweat!) Molecules gain energy, energy is added.
13. condensation- water vapor cooling down or losing enough energy to change into tiny droplets of water. Molecules lose energy, energy is lost.
14. clouds- are caused by condensation. Clouds are tiny droplets of water, they are NOT water vapor!