Water Cycle IAN 1
1. Sun- our star and the source of all energy on the Earth
2. Solar energy is the energy of the sun.
3. Radiation- how the Sun’s energy moves through space, as radiation strikes the Earth’s surface, it changes into heat.
4. hydrologic or water cycle- endless process in which water evaporates from oceans and lakes, condenses into clouds and returns to the Earth as precipitation.
5. Solar energy heats the water and drives the water cycle
6. Three states of water- solid, liquid, and gas
7. three major steps of hydrologic cycle- evaporation/transpiration, condensation, and precipitation