Ocean Floor lesson Materials
Take a good look at the picture below. There are a lot of features that we have studied this year. Look below the picture and you will find the names of some of the features. Read about each feature and make sure you have included information about it in your lesson. Draw a picture and write down some information about it. You also need to make a page discussing each of the oceans. There are also other terns and features listed below the picture. Your lesson must cover these also.
1. Read Kudzuacres Ocean Floor Features Pgs. 291-295 in your science workbook.
9. Worksheet 1
10. Worksheet 2
2. Read pages 65-67 in the Georgia CRCT Book
7. Create a drawing of the ocean floor with labels.
Your lessons should include the following terms and defintions:
1. World ocean
3. Sediment -read "Some Facts about sediment" at the bottom of this page.
4. continental slope
6. abyssal plain
7. Mid-Ocean Ridge/Rift Valley
8. volcanic island/island
9. Continental shelf
10. trenches or deep sea trenches
12. Cause of ocean salinity
13. What causes mid-ocean ridges and trenches
14. subduction zone
Here are some suggestions for your lessons:
2. Create your own graphic organizer/Thinking Map
3. Create a detailed poster
4. Create a model showing the features
5. Brainstorm some ideas with your team.
6. Create your own practice tests.
7. Create a crossword puzzle
8. Invent a study activity/game
9. Make a Flip-Flop
10. Quick-Book, 4 page