Currents IAN 2
9. ocean currents flow in a clockwise direction in the Northern Hemisphere. Currents flow in a counterclockwise direction in the Southern Hemisphere.
10. coriolis effect causes the winds and the currents to curve.
11. Gulf Stream-100 km wide surface current in the Atlantic Ocean that carries warm water up from the equator.
12. drift bottle- bottle containing a message that is dropped into a current to track its movement.
13. Gyre-surface currents that are wind driven and and move in large circular patterns
14. North Atlantic Current is a gyre- surface current that takes warm water up to Northern Europe and gives it a warmer climate
15. continental deflection-when a current changes direction because it is flowing towards a continent