Fossils Quiz Review:
1. What are trace fossils?
2. What is a carbon film?
3. What is an index fossil?
4. What is the cast and what is the mold?
5. How does a creature become a fossil?
6. Fossils are found in what kind of rocks?
7. Sedimentary rocks are usually formed in layers. Sometimes there are gaps in the layers. What do we call these gaps?
8. What is the Law of Superposition?
9. What is uniformitarianism?
10. How do we determine absolute age?
11. What is the difference between relative age and absolute age?
12. How could a fish fossil be found on top of a mountain?
13. What can we learn by studying fossils?
14. What is a paleontologist?
15. What is a fossil?