1. Most energy is used to produce electricity using mechanical energy. Mechanical energy moves things. What kind of alternative energy does not produce electricity using mechanical energy?
2. What kind of alternative energy is made from plants?
3. Geysers are what type of alternative energy?
4. Why would you want to use fossil fuels to create electricity instead of solar power?
5. What would be an advantage to using fuel made from sugarcane or corn instead of fossil fuels?
6. What type of energy produces dangerous waste that has to be stored for a very long time?
7. What kind of alternative energy produces the least amount of environmental pollution?
8. Hydroelectric power plants use dams to send water through turbines which produce what?
9. What kind of energy do photovoltaic cells produce?
10. Hydroelectric power is great because it uses what kind of resource?
11. Why are fossil fuels called fossil fuels?
12. Why is wood considered renewable?
13. Why are fossil fuels nonrenewable?
14. What are some of the renewable resources?
15. Where and how was coal formed?
16. What makes solar energy so attractive as an energy source?
17. Which renewable energy resource is used the least in the U.S.?
18. Which renewable energy resource is used the most in the U.S.?
19. Which nonrenewable energy resource is used the most in the U.S.?